Not very effective on tall grass
The Z355R ZTrak Zero-Turn Mower combines convenience, performance, and quality. Small enough to fit in a garage, but powerful to tackle any home project with a 22hp V-twin engine. The Z355R ZTrak Revolving Lawnmower works as hard as you do. This machine is equipped with a welded and stamped steel structure to withstand the toughest conditions. John Deere backs your experience with an incredible 2 years / 120-hour warranty. Plus, your work gets done faster thanks to the 11 km / h travel speed, so you can spend more time doing the things you want to do.
The 444-inch V-twin engine (724 ccs) offers enough power and torque for tough mulching, mowing, and harvesting applications:
- V-twin design for higher torque, lower vibration, and better sound quality
- Motor model M44
- Electronic ignition for a quick start
- Cast iron bushings for longer engine life.
- Overhead valves for excellent performance and fuel economy
- Threaded oil filter with pressure lubrication to preserve the oil filter for long engine life and increase the time between oil changes; Pressure lubrication is also more effective when using the tractor on slopes.
- Easy access to the oil drains cock without tools to change the oil.
- The rear hood protects the engine and provides additional strength and integrity.
Replaceable fuel and oil filters are easily accessible and replaceable to minimize maintenance time and costs.
The operator station is designed so that it is convenient for the operator to work with all controls.
Comfortable seats make driving more enjoyable. If necessary, the armrests of the Z345R, Z355R, and Z375R seats can be folded to the side.
Two steel springs under the seat absorb shock when riding on uneven ground for a smooth ride.
The seat measures 2.5 inches (6.35 cm) longitudinal adjustment. The cutting height adjustment pin can be used to loosen the screws and adjust the seat.
The cup holder is designed to store two popular drink sizes safely.
A covered storage area under the seat and an open storage area on the vehicle’s left side provides the operator with safe locations to store safety equipment and a cell phone.
The large leg platform helps the operator to feel comfortable and safe.
The operator’s platform is spacious and arranged for maximum comfort. The controls are easy to use:
- Easy to get in and out of the mower.
- Plenty of legroom for comfortable work.
- Height and position adjustable control levers for operator comfort during operation.
- The logical and color-coded layout of controls
Lawnmower Handle and Performance
48 inch (122 cm) Accel Deep lawnmower platform is a flat and deep stamped steel construction with a flat top that provides excellent sheer quality, performance, cleanliness, durability, and versatility. Optimal performance and distribution of cut grass are also achieved at higher mowing speeds:
- 5 inches (4.5 ”) depth across the top pallet for optimal performance when cutting, mulching and bagging
- The optional MulchControl ™ accessory offers superior mulch performance and versatility.
- Forged steel construction eliminates sharp edges and corners where material can accumulate and affect cutting performance.
- The deck is suspended from the vehicle for a smooth and even cut.
- Adjustable cutting wheels located directly above the ground make cutting easier.
Perforated trays for deep cuts ensure high productivity and quick job execution. It allows the amount and hanging material to quickly leave the deck, reducing the need to cut again, so that more power is available to handle the incoming grass:
- It dramatically increases the cutter’s ability to maintain excellent cutting performance in difficult cutting conditions and at high speeds.
The large outlet is tall and wide to accommodate more material:
- Offers uniform chip discharge at any cutting speed.
- Reduces the risk of clogging, which is especially important when working on wet, dense, or dense grass and when bending.
- The 48 Amp Power Flow ™ blower has an inlet box that is more than 50 percent larger than the 48X Power Flow blower used on previous machines.
The deep depression of the cutting deck guarantees excellent cutting quality. It allows you to leave space for the clip and the suspended material so it won’t be cut again:
- By reducing the number of cuts, more energy can be used to cut the incoming grass, significantly improving the mower’s performance.
- Helps maintain excellent cut quality at higher cutting speeds.
- The clean flow of material from the exit area prevents the cut material from interfering with cutting the incoming grass so that the blades can cut the incoming material cleanly.
- Even in mulch mode, the cut’s uniformity is improved compared to other designs, as the extra depth ensures continuous circulation, optimal cut, and uniform distribution of the cuttings.
Dual speed efficiently moves the ZTrak ™ cutter back and forth and provides control over:
- Gearboxes are mounted on the bottom of the vehicle to provide excellent slope stability.
- Hydro-Gear® gears are reliable and durable.
- 1 inch reinforced (2.5 cm) for extra strength
- Maintenance-free gearboxes are sealed and have no hose connections for hydraulic fluid leaks.
The 48A deck has substantial spindle pockets to keep knives in line even after years of heavy use:
- Mower’s ribs add strength where needed.
- The 48A weighs 23 percent more than the 48 “Edge ™ Xtra. The cutter deck (1
The deck is double captured:
- Provides increased strength and durability for trouble-free durability.
- By adjusting with a screw, the wheels can be quickly and easily adjusted to the correct height for the cutting height.
- Low tension belt drive design reduces the lateral load on lower motor bearings and cylinder head bearings, extending life.
The 48A cutting deck is 5/8 inch. The side shock absorbers are made with a sturdy 16mm diameter steel bar for added stability and protection.
Electrostatic and two-stage powder coatings provide additional protection against oxidation.
The 48A cutter is designed for maximum versatility and allows you to switch between mower unload modes quickly:
- If the optional MulchControl accessory (with special mulching blades) is installed, it is possible to switch from side-discharge to mulching or vice versa with a simple movement.
- The Power Flow backhoe can be used with MulchControl attachments and blades installed by simply moving the MulchControl lever to the side-discharge position.
The ZTrak lawnmowers’ design is functional and attractive to appeal to homeowners who appreciate the product’s appearance, ease of use, and convenience with a clean operating system.
The 48A MulchControl Deck Nozzle makes mulching more comfortable in many mowing situations; it not only does an excellent mulch job but also makes it easy to retrofit your mower when it’s more convenient to unload sideways or collecting grass.
The Power Flow Bagger (MCS) is optionally available with 6.5 bushels (230L) in the rear provides an effective means of harvesting leaves and herbs.
The fuel tank holds 2.1 gallons (8 L) of fuel. It is located on the lower left side of the machine.
The high-performance electric PTO clutch is operated from an easy to use control panel.
The footrest can be easily removed using the mower deck access tool kit.
|Engine Power:||22 HP (16.4 kW)|
|Engine Model Number:||M44 Intek|
|Driving Speed:||0-7 mph 0-11.3 km / h|
|Backrest Height:||Center back with armrests, 18 inches 45.7 cm|
|Cutting Width:||Accel Deep ™ Deck, 48 '' 122 cm|
|Mulch System:||Optional MulchControl ™ accessory|
|USA Warranty:||2 years or 120 hours bumper to bumper|
The John Deere ZT55R ZTrak rotary mower is packed with features to help you mow more efficiently this season. A cast and welded steel frame provide strength and stability on all terrains and in all conditions. Additionally, John Deere has designed the Z355R ZTrak for easy use. Intuitive controls and ergonomic seats ensure quick control and maneuverability. Thanks to these features, your garden will never be so beautiful. The Accel Deep ™ Mower Deck lifts grass and always delivers a professional cut. Additionally, the Z355R ZTrak is John Deere certified. Find out how this trimmer can help you this season.
Width of blade and deflector is 62.6 inches (158.8cm) is 54 inches wide with the blade raised and storage deflector (137 cm)
Yes, you can adjust the cutting height with the Z355R Zero Rotary Mower. Refer to the Z355R user manual for further instructions. Section 30 – Operation – Cutting Height Adjustment may contain instructions for cutting height adjustment.
The overall length of the Z355R is 72.2 inches. (183.5 cm) the total width is 62.6 inches (158.8 cm) and 40.1 inches (101.9 cm).