The John Deere Z540M ZTrak Zero Lawn Mower is an incredible machine designed for the most challenging household chores this season. The powerful Kawasaki engine pushes that zero-turn forward at 8.5 mph, helping you get the job done faster. With options for the 48 “or 54” Accel Deep ™ deck or choose the Edge ™ mower system with a 62 “deck that lifts the grass for a professional cut every time. John Deere also designed the Z540M that way that it is comfortable so that operators can work more efficiently and stay in command for longer.
24 hp (17.9 kW) deliver more power.
A large working volume of 726 cubic meters Cc (44.3 cubic inches) ensures optimal torque.
The air-cooled V-twin engine is efficient.
Motor model FS730V
The rear engine cover protects the engine and gives the vehicle additional strength and integrity.
The flywheel generator provides more power to quickly charge the battery and electrical power equipment, such as lamps or sprayers.
The first stage foam filter blocks large particles of dirt before they get into the filter.
The air protection cover protects the rotating air protection. The rotating screen filters the debris and reduces the size of the material it passes through to pass without damaging the mower blades.
A full pressure lubrication system supplies the engine’s moving parts with large quantities of oil for reliable operation and long service life.
The operator station is designed for your comfort and convenience when you use all the controls:
- Excellent forward visibility and the platform cut make operation easy and convenient for the operator.
- The controls are color-coded for easy identification.
- Two shift levers of the transmission are adjustable with a pin/pinch cutting height for operator convenience and convenience.
- Shock absorbers dampers soften steering movements for smooth operation.
The comfortable seats are equipped with two suspension springs and can be adjusted forwards and backward without the operator’s tools while sitting.
Two steel springs under the seat absorb shocks when driving over rough terrain to ensure a smooth ride.
Commercial steel footrest flips for easy access for servicing the cutting deck.
Deep mower-deck stamping gives excellent cut quality. It allows the cut and suspended material room to exit the deck without getting recut:
- Reducing the amount of recutting enables more power to cut incoming grass, which significantly improves mower capacity.
- Helps maintain excellent cut quality at faster mowing speeds
- Clean flow of material out of the discharge area prevents cut material from interfering with cutting the incoming grass, making it possible for the blades to cut incoming material cleanly.
- Even in mulching mode, cut evenness is improved compared to other designs because the additional depth allows for continuous circulation, optimal recutting, and an even distribution of clippings.
Lawnmower Handling and Performance
The two-speed transmission effectively shifts the ZTrak ™ in both directions and provides control over:
- The gears are positioned low in the vehicle to provide excellent stability on slopes.
- Tuff Torq® TZT7-D reducers are reliable and durable.
- 1”reinforced. 2.5 cm axles for added strength
- Maintenance-free uniform gears are sealed and have no hose connections to allow hydraulic fluid to escape.
- Four-bolt hubs provide a safe and comfortable wheel retention system.
Deep punching of the cutting deck guarantees excellent cutting quality. It gives space for the cut and entangled material to leave the table without repeating the cut:
- Reducing the number of cuts allows more energy to cut incoming grass, which significantly increases the performance of the mower.
- Helps maintain excellent cut quality at higher cut speeds.
- A clean flow of material exiting the exit area prevents cut material from interfering with incoming grass cutting so that the blades can cut the incoming material neatly.
- Even in mulching mode, cutting uniformity is improved over other models, as the extra depth provides continuous circulation, optimal mowing, and even distribution of the cut material.
The 48A mower deck features sturdy spindle pockets to keep the blades aligned even after years of heavy use:
- Ribs in the jacket add strength where needed.
- The 48A weighs 23 percent more than the 48 “Edge ™ Xtra mower deck (122cm) was used on previous machines.
The mower wheels are registered twice:
- Provides increased strength and durability for more extended trouble-free operation.
- The wheels can be quickly and easily adjusted to the desired height according to the cutting height, thanks to the individual bolt adjustment.
- Low tension belt drive design reduces the lateral load on lower motor bearings and swath deck bearings for longer life.
The 48A cutting deck is 5/8 inch. The 16mm diameter side bumper is made of solid steel for added strength and protection.
Two-stage powder coating and electronic coating provide additional protection against rust.
The 48A mower is designed for maximum versatility and offers the most excellent ease of switching from one unloading mode of the mower to another:
- If the optional MulchControl accessory (with special mulching blades) is installed, switching from side-discharge to mulching or vice versa by merely pressing the lever.
- The Power Flow Excavator can be used with the MulchControl attachment and blades installed by simply moving the MulchControl lever to the side-discharge position.
Trailer valve controls are provided for each transmission and are located on the transmissions next to the expansion tanks.
The heavy-duty electric PTO clutch is operated via an easy-to-use control panel. It is designed to work for many on/off cycles.
ZTrak lawn mowers are built with a strong steel frame, shaped and welded for strength and durability.
A handy service interval label provides necessary information about the service. It provides a quick guide to updating recommended services.
The footrest can be easily folded and lifted to maintain the mower deck.
|Name:||Z540M ZTrak™ Mower with 48-, 54-, or 62-in. Deck|
|Engine power:||24 hp 17.9 kW|
|Engine model number:||FS730V|
|Forward speed:||0-8.5 mph 0-13.7 km/h|
|Front caster tires:||13x6-6|
|Seat back height:||Medium back with armrests, 18 in. 45.7 cm|
|Width of cut:||Accel Deep™ mower deck, 48 in. 122 cm, Accel Deep™ mower deck, 54 in. 137 cm, Edge™ mower deck, 62 in. 157 cm|
|Mulching system:||Optional MulchControl™ attachment, 48 in. 122 cm, Optional MulchControl™ attachment, 54 in. 137 cm, Optional mulch kit, 62 in. 157 cm|
|Displacement:||44.3 cu in. 726 cc|
|Lubrication:||Full pressure with replaceable filter, capacity, 2.2 U.S. qt 2.1 L|
|Battery:||12 V 300 CCA|
|Choke/speed control:||Separate control levers|
|Fuel tank capacity:||4.5 U.S. gal. 17 L|
|Fuel gauge:||Fuel level sight line|
|U.S. warranty:||4 year or 300 hour bumper-to-bumper*|
Make the most of this season with a low turn zero turn mower. Choose the John Deere Z540M ZTrak zero-turn mower for all your lawn care tasks. Powerful and smooth 24 hp V-twin engine provides all-day comfort and the power you need to cut even the toughest grass. Ergonomic operator solutions make the Z540M ZTrak zero-turn mower comfortable and easy to use. The comfortable high-back seat with armrests helps reduce the operator’s workload and increase productivity. Also, the fuel check window eliminates the need to guess how full the tank is. Combined with easy access to the engine and critical functions, this saves time and money on maintenance.
Use regular unleaded gasoline with an octane number of 87 or higher. Mixtures of fuels containing up to 10% ethanol or up to 15% reformed MTBE are permitted. Do not use fuels or additives containing methanol, as this can damage the engine. For more information on how to start up the Z540M, we recommend that you consult the user manual.
Yes, the Z540M can mow in reverse. Do not cut in the opposite direction unless necessary. Always look down and back before and when backing up. See the user manual for more safety information.
48 inches (122 cm) The Accel Deep Cut Deck is a flat, deep-drawn steel construction that offers excellent cut quality, performance, cleanliness, durability, and versatility.