The Z335E is John Deere’s entry-level model with zero steerings and attention to detail, making it a significant investment. Although smaller, the Z335E is powered by a robust 12.3 kW overhead V-twin engine that provides reliable and consistent power. Intuitive motion control levers ensure ease of use. The 107cm mower deck offers high performance and can be easily converted to mulching or collecting optional kits. The Z335E is ideal for gardens with many obstacles and those looking for speed and efficiency.
724cc CM V-Twin engine delivers excellent power and torque for tough chopping, cutting, and harvesting conditions:
- V-twin design for higher torque reduced vibration and better sound quality
- M44 engine model
- Electronic ignition for a quick start
- Cast iron bushings for longer engine life.
- Superior valves for excellent performance and fuel economy
- Screw-on oil filter with pressure lubrication to keep the oil cleaner, prolong the engine’s life, and increase the time between oil changes; Pressure lubrication is also more effective when using the tractor on slopes.
- Easy access to oil drains cock without tools for an oil change.
- Rear engine guard for engine protection and increased strength and integrity.
Replaceable fuel filters and oil filters are readily available and can be replaced to minimize maintenance time and costs.
Operator Station Designed for operator convenience with all controls.
Comfortable seats make the operator’s work more pleasant. The armrests included with the Z355E seat can be folded down if desired.
Two steel coil springs under the seat absorb shock from rough terrain for a smoother ride.
Seat size 2.5 inches front to back adjustment (6.35 cm). The cutting height adjustment pin/bushing can be used to loosen the bolts and adjust the seat.
The cup holder is designed to hold regular cups in two sizes securely.
Covered storage compartments under the seat and open storage compartments on the vehicle’s left side provide the operator with safe and secure storage areas for protective gear, mobile phones, etc.
The wide platform allows the operator to feel comfortable and safe.
The deep cut in the cutting deck ensures excellent cut quality. Allows loose and suspended materials to exit the platform without cutting:
- Reducing the number of subsequent mowers allows more power to cut oncoming grass, which significantly increases mower performance.
- Helps maintain excellent cut quality at higher cutting speeds.
- The clean flow of material from the discharge area prevents cut material from colliding with the debris, allowing the blades to neatly cut the incoming material.
- Even in mulching mode, the cut’s smoothness is improved compared to other models, as the extra depth provides continuous circulation, a new optimal cut, and an even distribution of the cut grass.
Lawnmower Handling and Performance
The deep draft of the cutting deck ensures high productivity and quick work progress. Allows cut and suspended material to quickly leave the platform, reducing cutting and providing more power for oncoming grass:
- Significantly improves mowers’ ability to maintain excellent cutting performance in severe cutting conditions and at high speeds.
The large outlet is tall and wide, allowing for more material handling:
- It provides smooth and even cut ejection at all cutting speeds.
- Reduces the risk of clogging, which is especially important when working in wet, thick or dense grass and when stacking bags.
- The 48A Power Flow ™ fan has a more than 50% headbox than the 48X Power Flow fan used in previous machines.
The 48A mower deck has sturdy shaft pockets to keep the blades aligned even after intensive use years:
- Ribs in the deck hull add strength as needed.
- Total 48 amps weight is 23% more than the 48 “Edge ™ Xtra. The 122cm deck was used on previous machines.
The mower wheels have double grip:
- Provides increased strength and durability for longer uptime.
- Single-bolt adjustment allows you to quickly adjust the wheels to the correct height for the cutting height.
- Low tension belt drive design reduces lateral loading on lower motor bearings and roll housing bearings for increased service life.
The 48A mower deck measures 5/8 inches full diameter (16mm) steel strip side bumper for added strength and protection.
Two-stage electronic coating and powder coating provides added protection against rust.
The 48A is designed with maximum versatility in mind, making it as easy as possible to switch from one mower unloading mode to another:
- If the optional MulchControl accessory is installed (together with special shredding blades), the transition from side-discharge to shredding or vice versa is done by only moving the lever.
- The Rear Power Flow Retriever can be used with the MulchControl attachment and blades installed by simply placing the MulchControl lever in the side-discharge position.
A wash port is provided to make cleaning the underside of the mower deck easy.
A convenient, dash-mounted control controls a heavy-duty electric PTO clutch.
The fuel tank holds 2.1 U.S. gal (8 L) of fuel. It is located low on the left side of the machine.
ZTrak Mowers are designed around a heavy-duty formed and welded steel frame for strength and reliability.
Dual transmissions efficiently power the ZTrak™ mower forward and reverse and give steering capability.
An optional 6.5-bu (230-L) Power Flow Rear Bagger material collection system (MCS) is available. It provides an efficient means of collecting grass clippings and leaves.
The MulchControl attachment for the 48A Mower Deck makes mulching more practical for many mowing situations because it not only does an excellent job of mulching, but it also allows the mower to be easily converted for times when it is more desirable to side discharge or collect the lawn material.
|Engine Power:||22 HP (16.4 kW)|
|Engine Model Number:||M44 Intek|
|Forward Speed:||0-7km / h 0-11.3km / h|
|Back Height:||Central back with armrests, 38.1 cm.|
|Cutting Width:||Accel Deep ™ Deck, 122cm|
|Mulching System:||MulchControl ™ optional|
|USA Warranty:||2 years or 120 hours bumper to bumper|
For a home zero swivel lawn mower that is a complete kit, choose the ZTZZZ Zero Turn Z355E Lawn Mower. The 48 “Accel Deep ™ deck is designed for a professional cut every time you mow the lawn. The deck lifts grass for efficient mowing and is made from one piece of steel for durability. Plus, the Z355E is designed to provide maximum operator convenience and accessibility, making operation and maintenance easy, essential resources are readily available to facilitate home service and simplify overhauls for John Deere Certified Technicians, which saves money and the operator’s station is designed to keep you comfortable all day and increase your productivity.
Yes, the Z355E has two steel coil springs under the seat that absorb shock when riding over rough terrain for a smoother ride.
The E355E engine is the Intek M44 engine. The cutting deck is 10 gauges stamped steel.
The Zero Turn Z355E is equipped with an operator station for maximum comfort and convenience. The Z355E armrests can be folded down to the sides if desired.