The John Deere Zero mower is designed for 24/7 operation and remains one of the year’s best selling. With cutting speeds up to seven miles per hour, this twin hydrostatic gas mower is renowned for its energy-efficient performance and ease of use.
Unlike other brands, this cutter has a 42 ” deep plate, which provides more accurate cuts at higher speeds. The 22 horsepower twin engine is sure to last many seasons, and that’s just part of the reason the John Deere name remains popular with homeowners and gardeners.
The 44.2 cc (724 ccs) V-twin engine delivers enough power and torque for tough chopping, cutting and bagging applications:
- Twin V-cylinder design for higher torque reduced vibration and better sound quality
- Engine model M44
- Electronic ignition for a quick start
- Cast iron bushings for longer engine life
- Overhead valves for excellent performance and fuel economy
- Threaded oil filter with pressure lubrication to hold the oil filter in place, which prolongs engine life and extends the time between oil changes; Pressure lubrication is also more effective when using the tractor on slopes.
- Easy access to oil drain cock without tools for oil changes
- Rear engine shroud for engine protection and added strength and integrity
The replaceable fuel filter and oil filter are easily accessible and can be replaced to minimize the maintenance time and costs.
The deep drawing of the sheet ensures excellent cut quality. Allows trimmed and suspended material from exiting the panel without cutting:
- By reducing the cutting effort, more energy can cut incoming grass, which significantly improves mower performance.
- Helps maintain excellent cut quality at higher cutting speeds.
- Clean flow of material from the discharge area prevents cut material from falling onto incoming grass cuttings, so the blades can neatly cut off incoming material.
- Even in mulching mode, the cut uniformity is improved compared to other models, as the extra depth provides continuous circulation, optimal cut, and uniform cut distribution.
The large outlet is tall and wide to accommodate more material:
- Provides smooth and stable chip evacuation at all cutting speeds.
- Reduces the risk of clogging, which is especially important when working in wet, thick, or thick grass and when submerging.
- The cut and discharge chute has a large, optimized inlet that allows the material to be airlifted from the wide deck opening.
Lawn Mower Handling and Performance
42-inch Accel (107 cm) deep lawnmower platform is a spun steel plate that offers excellent cut quality, performance, cleanliness, durability, and versatility. The optimal performance and distribution of the cut grass is guaranteed even at the highest cutting speeds:
- 5 inches. (11.4 cm) total ceiling depth for optimal cutting, mulching, and bagging
- Optional MulchControl ™ accessory for superior shredding performance and versatility.
- The forged steel construction eliminates sharp edges and corners where material can accumulate and affect cutting performance.
- Cutting platforms are suspended from the vehicle for a smooth and even cut.
- Adjustable cutting wheels are positioned slightly above the floor to reduce scratches.
Dual gears efficiently propel the ZTrak ™ lawnmower in both directions and provide control over:
- The gearboxes are mounted on the underside of the vehicle for excellent slope stability.
- Hydro-Gear® gears are reliable and durable.
- 1 inch of foam. 2.5 cm bars for extra strength
- Maintenance-free power packs are sealed and have no hose connections for hydraulic fluid leaks.
- Four-bolt hubs offer a safe and comfortable wheel holding system.
Standard gearbox control shock absorbers make maneuvering the ZTrak ™ cutters easy and convenient.
Setting up tracking on board the driver’s seat is quick and easy. The cutting height adjustment pin contains a 13mm wrench and is a useful tool for adjusting the gearbox and drive lever position.
The transmission levers are designed for easy and convenient control.
Pneumatic rollers ensure a smoother ride and more comfortable handling.
The 42A deck has sturdy shaft cavities to keep the blades in line even after years of intense use:
- The ribs in the bridge structure increase strength if necessary.
- The overall weight of the 42A is 16% heavier than the 42 “Edge ™ Xtra cutting deck it replaces.
The cutting wheels have a double handle:
- Offers more strength and durability for longer execution times.
- By adjusting with a screw, the wheels can be quickly and easily adjusted to the correct height for the cutting height.
- The low tension belt drive design reduces side loading on the lower engine and cylinder head bearings for longer life.
The ruffled outer edge of the deck provides additional strength and protection.
Electronic two-stage coating and powder coating provides additional rust protection.
The 42A has been designed with maximum versatility in mind to switch from one knife ejection mode to another as easy as possible:
- The mower’s ejection and cutout design enable conditioning by adding a bag chute after installing special bag blades.
- The 42A mower and ejection chute are easy to install and securely attached to the front and rear to ensure a perfect seal between the cutting and chute.
- The backstop is adjustable to provide an ideal fit for ease of use and a perfect fit.
- Bag cutters can also be used for side unloading.
- If the optional MulchControl is installed (with special blades for mulching), you can switch from side-discharge to mulching or vice versa with a single click of the lever.
- The rear compactor can be used with the MulchControl blades installed.
- The front deflector supplied with the rear packer ramp or with MulchControl (B) can remain in the position for side unloading.
- This baffle can be removed for maximum lateral discharge.
- The MulchControl accessory contains a MulchControl rear deflector (A), carried by two carriage screws on the rear edge of the outlet opening. This deflector:
- A 13mm wrench is required to remove the rear bubble ramp (the bubble ramp cannot be installed without removing this bulkhead).
The ZTrak frame is 1 x 1.5 inches. (2.5 x 3.8 cm) durable steel tube:
- Robust frame tubes offer a firm hold.
- The reinforced structure provides extra strength where you need it.
The footrest can be easily removed using the platform access tool.
Dual Shovel Collection System (MCS) available 6.5 bushels (230 L) per 42 inches. (107 cm) deep throttle lawnmower provides an efficient means of harvesting grass and falling leaves.
Large luggage sheets are included in the delivery. They offer excellent performance in the event of breakdowns under challenging conditions, for example. B. When the grass is wet, thick or long.
The fuel tank has a capacity of 8 liters of fuel. It’s right on the left side of the unit.
ZTrak mowers are constructed from a sturdy stamped and welded steel frame for strength and durability.
ZTrak mowers’ design is functional and attractive to attract people who appreciate the product’s appearance and its simple and convenient operation, accompanied by well-designed controls.
|Engine Power:||22 HP (16.4 kW)|
|Engine Model Number:||M44 Intek|
|Forward Speed:||0-7 km / h 0-11.3 km / h|
|Backrest Height:||Center back with armrests, 18 inches. (45.7 cm)|
|Cutting Width:||107 cm Accel Deep ™ deck|
|Mulching System:||Optional MulchControl ™|
|USA Warranty:||2 Years or 120 Hours Bumper to Bumper|
The Z345M does a variety of cutting jobs on a 42 “machine. An Accel Deep ™ mower decks that can side-discharge, apply mulch, or pick up grass and leaves with an easy-to-cut and play excavator. Accel Deep ™ features pressed steel construction with a flat top that provides excellent cut quality, productivity, cleanliness, durability, and versatility, even at higher cutting speeds, superior clip distribution, and performance.
For instructions on connecting the Z345M Lawnmower with zero rotation, it is recommended to refer to Section 30 “Operation – Starting the Engine” in the owner’s manual.
We recommend using the Z345M Zero-Turn Lawn Mower with regular unleaded gasoline with a minimum octane rating of 87. For detailed instructions on safely filling the Z345M, see Others – Use Proper Fuel section in the owner’s manual.
Yes, the Z345M has a cup holder.