“Do You Need a Battery Mower?” It’s easy to get caught up in the hype of the latest and greatest technology, however it’s important to not lose sight of what you really need. In this review, we’ll be covering the 5 things that you need to know before buying a battery powered lawn mower. This article will help you make an informed decision and show you why battery powered mowers are a great choice for many homeowners.
The first thing to think about when choosing a battery powered lawn mower is what type of batteries you want to use. There are three options: rechargeable, cordless, and electric.
- Rechargeable Batteries – Rechargeable batteries are the most common type of battery used in battery powered mowers. These are the same type of batteries that you’d find in your cordless drill, vacuum cleaner, etc. They’re the easiest to use and you have the widest selection of models and brands to choose from. You can plug in your charger and forget about it until the next time you need to use your mower. These types of batteries are also the most affordable.
- Cordless Batteries – Cordless batteries are a bit more expensive, but they’re also much more convenient. You don’t need to plug them in and the batteries will never need to be replaced. Just charge them up like you would a cordless drill and you’re good to go.
- Electric Batteries – Electric batteries are the most convenient type of battery for a lawn mower because you never have to worry about charging them. Just plug the mower in and you can use it whenever you want. These are the most expensive type of batteries though.
The motor size is one of the biggest factors that will determine how powerful your mower is. Typically, the bigger the motor, the faster the mower and more powerful it will be. This is a great feature to have if you have a lot of thick grass to cut or if you don’t want to spend too much time mowing your lawn. You can also look at the size of the engine. Small engines are usually less powerful, but they’re also less expensive.
Cutting Deck Size
The cutting deck size is a very important feature to consider when you’re buying a battery powered mower. The larger the cutting deck, the more area you can mow in one pass. This is especially important if you are mowing a large area. You don’t want to have to do it in two or three passes.
The most common deck size for push mowers is 21″. You’ll want to make sure that the mower you buy has a larger deck since you’ll be covering more ground in less time.
The only time that a smaller deck would be better is if you have a small lawn. If you have a lot of trees, you’ll want to make sure that the mower you buy has a larger deck size since it will get around them easier.
Corded vs. Cordless
Some push lawn mowers have cords and some don’t. If you have a cordless lawn mower, then you won’t need to worry about the cord at all.
If you have a corded lawn mower, then you’ll need to make sure that the cord isn’t too short or too long. If it’s too short, then you may not have enough room to maneuver your mower around while cutting your lawn.
You’ll also need to make sure that the cord is durable and won’t get tangled around anything. If you have a cord that keeps getting tangled, then you’ll find yourself spending more time untangling it than mowing your lawn.
There are a few safety features that you’ll want to look for in a push lawn mower. These features include:
You’ll want to make sure that the handle is comfortable for you to use. You don’t want to end up with hand cramps after mowing your lawn.
- Height Adjustment
The height of your grass will change depending on the season and the weather. You’ll want to make sure that your mower has a height adjustment feature and that it’s easy to adjust.
- Mulching vs. Non-Mulching
Some push lawn mowers have an option for mulching and some don’t. If your mower has this option, then it’s going to be a lot easier for you to get rid of all of your grass clippings instead of having to rake them.
- Speed Control
Some push lawn mowers are designed with a speed control feature. This is going to be important if you want to be able to control how fast or slow you push the mower along.
How to Clean your Battery Mower
You can clean your battery by keeping a wet sponge and some baking soda nearby while you mow. When the battery starts to get dirty, take the sponge and dip it into the baking soda. Then, wipe the battery with it. This will help to protect it from becoming dirty and getting clogged up with dirt.
A good rule of thumb is to wipe it down after every couple of uses. This will ensure that it stays in good working order and will be ready for you when you need it again!
How to Maintain Your Battery Powered Lawnmower
The good news is that all you really need to do to maintain your battery powered lawnmower is to keep it clean and charged. This will, in turn, help it stay in good working order for a long time. You also want to make sure that you don’t drop it as this can cause damage. A good rule of thumb is not to drop anything on it because this could potentially cause damage as well. But, if you do accidentally drop it, be sure to check out the battery so that you can make sure that it’s still functioning properly. If it looks like it’s damaged, then you want to get in touch with the manufacturer and have them check it out for you.
It’s also important to make sure that the battery is never left outside in cold weather. This can cause damage to the battery and could lead to it not functioning properly. When winter rolls around, you want to make sure that you keep it stored inside so that it stays in good working order for as long as possible.
How to Store your Battery Mower
Now that you have your battery powered lawn mower, you want to make sure that you store it properly so that you can enjoy using it for a long time. The good news is that this is really easy to do.
- First, be sure that you keep the battery charged when you are not using it. This will help to ensure that it’s always available when you need it.
- Next, you want to be sure that you don’t expose the battery to extreme heat or cold temperatures. Doing this could permanently damage the battery and other components of your lawnmower, so it’s best to be sure that the battery is stored in a safe place so that it’s not exposed to extreme weather conditions.
- And, finally, make sure that the mower itself is stored in a safe place as well. Be sure to keep it off
It’s always a good idea to invest in a battery powered lawn mower if you don’t have a lot of space to work with. These products will ensure that you don’t have to worry about cords, and that you can still keeps your lawn looking great.
There are options available for whatever your needs may be. You can get a product that doesn’t need a cord, that has a cord, or that doesn’t use gas to run.
You just need to make sure that you find the lawn mower that works best for your lawn, and then you can enjoy getting outside and enjoying your lawn without any hassle at all!