The John Deere ZTrak Z535M Zero Turn Mowers was redesigned in 2016! Like the EZTrak Z435, the Z535M improves on many aspects of the previous year’s model. Some of the upgrades include additional practical features such as two cup holders and additional storage space, an intuitive and easy-to-use control panel, a sturdy welded steel frame, and a powerful 25 hp motor.
The Z535M Zero Turn Mower now features an innovative new deck design as standard. The Accel mower deck features a low 4.5-inch deck that improves cut quality and reduces the risk of swelling and deposits. The extra depth ensures an even distribution of the cut, resulting in higher cutting speeds even with excellent cut quality.
The Z535 Zero Turn is not only available in 48 and 54 inches, but it also offers side discharge, mulching and bagging options for even more versatility!
Two-cylinder 25 hp engine (18.6 kW) delivers more power and torque for tough mulching, mowing and harvesting conditions:
- The V-shaped design provides more torque, less vibration, and better sound quality.
- M44 Cyclonic ™ engine model
- Electronic ignition facilitates quick starts.
- Cast iron cylinder liners provide a stable surface for extended engine life.
- Overhead valves allow the engine to breathe easily for superior performance and fuel economy.
- The rear engine cover protects the engine and increases the strength and integrity of the vehicle.
Cyclone’s air management system removes coarse debris before it reaches the air filter, reducing filter maintenance and extending engine life.
The full pressure lubrication system provides an ample supply of oil to the engine’s moving parts for reliable operation and long service life.
The tool-free oil drain plug with hose and oil filter housing ensures easy and hassle-free maintenance.
The operator’s workplace is designed so that the operator is comfortable and convenient to use all the controls:
- Excellent visibility to the front and side apron edges facilitates operator work.
- Controls are color-coded for easy identification.
- Double-lever drive control levers can be adjusted to match cutting height for operator convenience and comfort.
- Shock absorbers soften steering movements for smooth operation.
The comfortable seats have two suspension springs and tool-less adjustable front and rear seats that can be used by the seated driver.
Two steel springs under the seat absorb shock when driving over uneven ground for a smooth ride.
Standard steel footrests lift for easy access for mower deck maintenance.
Lawnmower Handling and Performance
The 137cm TV-HC plate is molded from 0.19-inch heavy gauge. 3.8mm steel to minimize welds and provide a smooth floor to reduce material build-up.
Dual unitized gears effectively move the ZTrak ™ back and forth, providing control over:
- Gearboxes are mounted deep into the vehicle for excellent stability on slopes.
- Tuff Torq® TZT7-M gearboxes are reliable and durable.
- Expanded by 1 inch. 2.5cm shafts for added strength
- With heavier components for heavier loads of larger tires and the heavier weight of the ZTrak Z500R series.
- Maintenance-free power packs are sealed and do not have hose connections for hydraulic fluid leaks.
- Four-bolt hubs provide a secure and comfortable wheel retention system.
The ZTrak Z500 Series chassis measures 1.5 “x 2”. (3.8 x 5.1 cm) durable steel tube:
- The sturdy tubes of the frame offer a firm fixation.
- The reinforced frame offers extra strength where you need it.
- The footrest can be easily opened and raised for easy access to the cutting deck.
Only one screw needs to be removed, easily removed with a 13mm wrench on the stroke adjustment pin.
Mower decks are made of heavy stamped steel to meet stringent design requirements for superior cutting- the kind of cut that every garden deserves. The flat recessed design offers superior cut quality at high speeds. Forged 9 gauge steel with additional depth plate for better airflow, exceptional cut distribution, and superior cut.
MulchControl is an innovative and simple design, easy to use, and maintain.
MulchControl is suitable for the following cutting situations.
The operator can control the cut with MulchControl. The operator can now reap the full benefits of mulch and, if necessary, quickly switch to side discharge or bagging.
The wash port makes it easy to clean the deck.
The Power Flow Blower is mounted on a stable rocker for easy installation and cleaning.
An intuitive control panel controls the high-performance electric PTO clutch.
Standard buffers for the transmission arms make ZTrak ™ cutters easy to maneuver.
|25 HP (18.6 kW)
|Engine Model Number:
|0-9 km / h 0-14.5 km / h
|High back with armrests, 21 '' 53 cm
|High-performance cutting deck, 137 cm
|Optional MulchControl ™
|4 Years / 500 Hours Bumper to Bumper
The John Deere Zero Turn Z535R ZTrack mower brings a new level of power and precision to your garden. This machine is packed with excellent features that will not only help you complete your to-do list, but will also keep you entertained. One of these characteristics is its incredible ease of maintenance. Most zero turn mowers make critical functions challenging to access, the Z535R has them close at hand, simplifying maintenance and saving time and money. Additionally, the operator station was designed to maximize productivity on the construction site. Ergonomic features keep you comfortable and focused, while storage slots and cup holders help you stay connected longer. One of these features is a comfortable 21-inch backrest with armrests for all-day comfort. With easy-to-use controls and a convenient fuel window, this machine is easy to use and maintain, ensuring unsurpassed operator satisfaction.
We recommend using your Zero Turn Z535R lawnmower with regular unleaded gasoline with an octane rating of 87 or higher. For detailed instructions on safely refilling the Z535R, see the Miscellaneous Maintenance – Using Correct Fuel section in the Operator’s Guide.
Yes, the Z535R uses a key to turn the ignition on. The device comes with two keys, one with the device and the other in a bag with the instruction manual.
The 353R zero-turn mower is powered by a Briggs & Stratton M44 cyclonic engine.