If you’re looking to invest in a lawn mower, then there’s no better brand than Milwaukee. The Milwaukee brand is well-known in the lawn mowing industry for their quality lawn care products. It is known for producing reliable lawn mowers and lawn care equipment. The Milwaukee brand has also made a name for them by producing high quality lawn mowers, including push mowers and zero turn lawn mowers.
With more consumers choosing to work at home, lawn care is becoming more and more prevalent. Whether you’re a landscaper, gardener or homeowner, it’s important to be able to mow your lawn to a high standard. While automatic mowers are convenient, it’s often best to manually mow your lawn. Manual mowers give you more control over the cut, allow you to lower the blade for a closer cut, and can cut grass more efficiently than an automatic mower. These are our picks for the best Milwaukee lawn mowers:
1. Milwaukee 2776-20 M18 FUEL 21″ Self-Propelled Mower
The Milwaukee 2776-20 M18 FUEL self-propelled mower is the king of self-propelled mowers, and is the clear pick for this review. It boasts a 21-inch steel deck that measures a whopping 21 inches wide and 54 inches long (the best overall size we found in our review). The mower deck has six cutting height settings, ranging from 1.5 to 3.5 inches. The mower’s single point height adjustment feature allows you to adjust cutting height without adjusting each wheel independently, saving time and effort.
The mower’s handle fold-up feature also saves you time, so you can easily fold it up and store it in your shed after use. The mower’s 3-in-1 grass management system allows you to cut, mulch, and bag, so whatever your preference is, the Milwaukee M18 FUEL self-propelled mower has you covered. The mower deck has foam-filled tires, a vibration-reducing suspension system, and a rear-wheel drive, so when you’re using this mower, you’ll have a smooth ride while cutting your yard.
The mower’s 21-inch deck width also makes it perfect for cutting medium-sized yards. The mower’s 20-inch height adjustment range also makes it perfect for cutting all grass types, from short to tall. The mower features Milwaukee’s M18 FUEL power platform, so you can easily attach any M18 tool to this mower for an even quicker and convenient cutting session! The mower’s battery platform is the M18 system, which is truly compatible with over 200 Milwaukee tools. The mower’s LED lights are ideal for cutting during dawn or dusk, so you never have to worry about cutting grass in the dead of night. All in all, this mower is the king of self-propelled mowers, and is at the top of its class!
Features We Like
Powerful 15.0 Amp M18 FUEL 4-pole motor delivers 0-3,500 RPM for fast, efficient cutting and 0-19,500 BPM for demanding tasks
Single point height adjustment with 6 positions from 1″ to 4″
Front caster wheels provide smooth maneuverability
- 21″ cutting width
- 3-in-1 grass management system
- Folding handles and upright storage
- Tool free blade change
- High performance LED lights
- Integrated carrying handle
- Low voltage ready
|21” / 54cm cutting width
|21” / 54cm cutting height
|3 x 50cc m18 FUEL 2-stroke engine
|4.7-gallon gas tank
2. The Milwaukee 21″ Self-Propelled Push Mower
The Milwaukee® 21″ Self-Propelled Dual Battery Mower Kit delivers the power and performance you want in a cordless lawn mower. We tested three mowers under similar conditions, and the M18 FUELTM Mower kit had the best cut quality, particularly on bagging. The mower’s lift was above average, and mulching and side-discharge performance were good. It’s also the most ergonomically designed and most comfortable to use of the three tested (it has 2 handles, 2 ergonomically designed levers, and enough adjustment to position the handles exactly where you want them).
Its battery system features 2 batteries, each with its own charger and battery gauge, so you don’t need to wait for the mower to charge. The mower also has 2 onboard LED lights, which cast bright light down onto the sidewalk and keep you from having to lean over the mower to adjust the cutting height. The mower’s 21-inch cutting path is wide enough to easily manage tall grass, and its adjustable cutting height lets it fit the range of lawns found across the country. The mower weighs a hefty 59 pounds, but it’s well balanced and has enough gearing (it has 4 forward speeds) to let you mow at a reasonable speed. However, the mower does not have cruise control, a major shortcoming, because you need to constantly watch your speed and adjust speed accordingly.
The mower’s 2-sided cutting deck is 5 inches wide, so you can work on both the left and right sides of your lawn from one mower, which is a big advantage over our top pick, the Poulan Pro PP20120, which requires 2 mowers to cover both sides of your yard. The mower’s 3-in-1 grass management feature lets you choose between bagging, mulching, and side-discharge, and you can choose which side to cut from.
- Powerful M18 56-Volt Cordless System
- Variable Speed Self-Propelled
- High Quality Steel Deck
- 3-in-1 Collection System
- High Cut Quality
- Variable Speed
|Easy to use
|Long battery life
|Small deck width
|Easy to start
3. M18 FUELTM Dual Battery Self-Propelled Lawn Mower
The M18 FUELTM Dual Battery Self Propelled Lawn Mower works like no other mower we’ve tested. While other mowers require you to cut the grass in sections, the Dual Battery Self Propelled Lawn Mower allows you to cut an entire lawn at once, saving time and energy. In fact, it cuts our tall, thick lawn in about half the time it used to take to mow it. The mower has adjustable height settings, so you can adjust it to suit the season and the type of grass you have, and it adjusts its speed to suit how fast you want to mow.
The mower is self-propelled, but it still has buttons on the steering wheel, so you can stop and steer as needed, and it has a “cruise control” feature that lets you set a maximum speed and then automatically brakes the mower if it goes past that speed. It has LED lights at the front and side to illuminate your path, and it has a mulching attachment for disposing of grass clippings. Battery life is good, and while it’s true that the grass clippings take longer to decompose in the mulching setting, the mulching setting does tend to leave the grass a bit tidier. The Dual Battery Self Propelled Lawn Mower is heavy, but you don’t have to push the mower; it self-propels itself, which makes a big difference in ease of use.
- Push Button Start
- Dual Battery Powered
- 2-Year Warranty
- 53 cm Cutting Deck
- 0.8 L Grass Bag
|Easy to start and maneuver
|No air filter
|Overall great mower
4. M18 FUEL™ 21″ Self-Propelled Dual Battery Mower Kit
The 21-inch self-propelled mower is one of our favorites in the M18 line. It’s lightweight (5.2 pounds), easy to maneuver, and it’s engineered to work well, thanks to a 15-horsepower engine, which is more than 5 horsepower more powerful than many gas-powered mowers. It’s also one of the few mowers on the market that uses two 18-volt batteries, which power the dual blade system. This mower has 3-in-1 grass management, which allows you to switch between mulching, bagging, and side discharge with the push of a button on each 3-in-1 lawn tool.
The dual blade system is also a nice touch, especially if you love the look of a well-manicured lawn with defined edges. A wide 21-inch cutting path, powered by a 15-horsepower engine, can easily handle large lawns. The cutting height adjustment is dialed in to 6 settings, and we found this mower to be one of the better ones we tested when it came to maintaining a consistent height throughout our testing period. This mower also weighs less than 5 pounds, which is great news for anyone who finds mowing with a gas-powered mower to be painful. The included M18 FUELTM 18.0Ah batteries provide up to 60 minutes of cutting time per charge.
- The self-propelled, walk-behind design gives you the convenience of a power mower with the control of a walk-behind
- Faster cutting: Optimized steel deck design and increased blade speed delivers the best cut quality in mulching, bagging, and side discharge applications
- More power: POWERSTATETM brushless motor delivers up to 20% more power and 60% more runtime than gas mowers
- Quieter: 4-in-1 cutting system includes mulching, bagging, and side discharge capabilities
- More durable: Advanced materials withstand impact and corrosion
- More ergonomic: Adjustable handle with padded, oversized grip provides ultimate comfort
- More convenient: Lightweight design allows user to easily maneuver the mower through narrow spaces and under low branches
|Compact, lightweight, powerful
|Not ideal for larger yards or uneven terrain
5. MILWAUKEE’S 2825-20ST M18 Fuel String Trimmer
The Milwaukee M18 Fuel delivers enough power for most home users, but it’s overkill for yards with average-size trees. It’s cordless and runs on a 18-volt extended capacity battery pack, so dragging cords around the yard or loading up a 90-pound trimmer isn’t an option. The trimmer uses Milwaukee’s M18 battery system, so it’s easy to swap batteries when more juice is needed. The 2825 has an 18-inch cutting swath, and its cutting height adjusts from 0-2.5 inches, and it’s easy to change blade positions. The trimmer also has a fuel gauge that lets the user know how much power is left, and it gets an impressive 50 minutes on a single charge.
The trimmer also has an adjustable guard that lowers when the trimmer is in use, and a blade cover that rolls up when the trimmer is not in use. The trimmer’s cutting line is 0.5-inch diameter, and it comes with a 15-foot spool. The trimmer also has a 0.5-inch square loop handle, and the motor is strong enough that users don’t have to worry too much about the trimmer tipping over. The only drawback to the trimmer is that, like most cordless string trimmers, it’s louder than a gas trimmer.
- Cold weather starting
- Instant start
- Low noise
- 2 Year Warranty
- Great performance
- Well balanced
- Good power
- Cuts weeds and grass
- Good battery life
|No fuel tank
|Great for trimming around obstacles
|No 2-cycle mixing
|No gas or oil required
|No mulching capability
|Quiet and lightweight operation
|Only fits batteries found in Milwaukee 2825-20
|1/2″ STIHL low-kickback shaft
|Convenient wheel pull start
Things to Consider
- Cutting deck size: The more grass a mower can cut, the less time you’ll spend trimming and edging. We looked at mowers with cutting decks ranging from 16 to 21 inches.
- Cutting height: Most mowers allow you to set the cutting height between 1.5 and 4 inches. Although this doesn’t affect how well the mower cuts, it does affect how closely it mows the grass, which in turn affects how much effort you have to put into mowing.
- Ease of use: We looked at mowers that are easy to start, maneuver, and store.
- Extra features: Some mowers come with extra features like self-propelled or electric start, while others have decks designed to mulch grass clippings, so you can return nutrients to your lawn.
- Mowing width: You’ll want a mower to mow your lawn quickly and efficiently. Our top picks mow between 18 inches and 21 inches.
- Cutting height adjustment: You can’t always mow at the exact same height, so an adjustable cutting height lets you change on the fly.
- Mulching capability: Some mowers cut grass small and push it through the mower, while others chop up the clippings. We prefer mulching mowers, as they’re better for the environment.
- Weight: Lighter weight tends to mean easier handling, so go for a mower that weighs less than 50 pounds.
The Milwaukee brand has specialised in producing high-quality, reliable lawn mowers. If you’re looking for a high-quality lawn mower, then these are the best Milwaukee lawn mowers for you. From push lawn mowers to self-propelled mowers, there’s a lawn mower to suit any lawn.