You can mow hills faster and more efficiently, tackle tough situations more quickly, and manage general gardening tasks much more comfortably thanks to the integrated steering function.
The X584 Multi-Terrain Lawnmower rolls where you want and does the toughest jobs you want. How? It covers a wide range and is therefore extremely stable on slopes. Traction can be increased simply by pressing the pedal. The high-performance chassis creates conditions for excellent work, and features such as the level indicator on the mower side blade ensure high-quality results.
Let’s take a look at some of the main features of the John Deere X584 and how they can help you maintain a beautiful lawn this spring and summer.
The X584’s new John Deere Operator Station has been ergonomically redesigned for operator comfort and ease of use with all controls.
The controls are easy to use and color-coded for quick identification. It measures 15 inches. The open rear seat (38 cm) (X570, X580) is characterized by incomparable style and comfort.
The seat suspension easily adapts to virtually any operator.
Armrests increase operator comfort and support, reduce fatigue, and increase productivity, especially when mowing for extended periods. The armrests can be adapted to the needs of the operator. This armrest is for the optional 21-inch model two-part professional seat (53.3 cm).
Rubber pedal makes the operator more comfortable.
A 12 V socket is included as standard to facilitate the connection of electrical devices.
The tractor is powered by John Deere’s iTorque ™ power system, which combines engine power with a unique hood design that provides superior strength, consistent cooling, and durability. It features cast-iron cylinder liners, overhead valves, pressure lubrication, and replaceable oil filters.
The flywheel generator is powerful enough to quickly charge the battery and power electrical devices such as flashlights or sprayers.
The fuel tank has a massive displacement of 4.4 ccs—capacity gal (16.6 l). High-quality fuel system components improve performance and uptime. Large,3 inches tank opening in the left fender makes refueling easy and helps prevent leaks. The sealed and bonded fuel cap reduces the loss of fuel vapors and reduces the risk of losing the fuel cap.
An automotive-style fuel gauge on the instrument panel reduces the risk of running out of fuel, prevents unnecessary fuel stops, and allows easy reading from the tractor seat.
The Integrated Hydrostatic Transmission (IHT) contains the assemblies for the hydrostatic pump and rotary motor in a single housing with differential and axle housing. When combined with foot control, hydrostatic transmission works like an automatic transmission in a car, which is why the term “automatic” is often used to describe it.
Mower Handling and Performance
Four-wheel steering offers considerable maneuverability and finishing advantages over two-wheel steer tractors.
- The diameter of the uncut circle has been dramatically reduced, eliminating or significantly reducing the need for stiffeners when cutting trees, shrubs, etc.
- Eliminates interference from the rake and tractor wheels, as they are located a few centimeters from the object to be cut. By cutting rectangular areas, square corners can be cut more efficiently and effectively.
- The outer turning radius is reduced, which shortens turn times and improves cutting performance.
Hydraulic power steering is standard equipment to maximize the benefits of four-wheel steering in tight corners and lightweight steering: Provides vehicle-like steering, reduces operator fatigue and increases productivity, provides a radius tight turning for optimal maneuverability and the ability to quickly and efficiently move objects for cutting.
The John Deere X584 features a 48-inch or 54-inch Accel-Deep mower deck with a flat, deeply embossed steel frame. The deep notch in the cutting deck ensures excellent cutting quality. Allows loose and suspended material to exit the board without cutting:
- By reducing the number of rear mowers, more power can be used to cut outcoming grass, significantly increasing mower performance. It also helps maintain excellent cut quality at higher cut speeds.
- Clean flow of material from the exit area prevents cut material from hitting the cut grass, so the blades can cleanly cut incoming material.
- Even in mulching mode, the cut’s smoothness is improved compared to other models, as the additional depth ensures continuous circulation.
The deep cutting deck travel ensures high productivity and fast work. Provides room for mowing and hanging material for a quick exit from the deck, reducing the amount of grass mowing, so there is more power to deal with approaching grass:
- Increases the ability of mowers to maintain excellent cutting performance in difficult cutting conditions and at high speeds.
The 48-A mower deck has a large wheelbase, so the blades stay aligned even after years of intensive use. It has ribs on the deck hull, which add extra strength when needed. The 48A is 23% heavier than the 48 “Edge ™ Xtra (122 cm) from the cutting deck used on previous machines.
The mower wheels are robust for added strength and durability for long, trouble-free life, and the wheels can be quickly and easily adjusted to the correct height for cutting height.
The low tension belt drive design reduces lateral loading on the lower motor bearings and mower deck bearings for longer life.
The 48A deck has a 5/8 ” deck. Side bumper made of sturdy 16mm steel for added strength and protection.
Two-stage electronic coating and powder coating provides added rust protection.
The 48A lawnmower is designed with maximum versatility in mind, offering utmost ease of switching from one mower unloading mode to another:
- Suppose the optional MulchControl accessory (with special mulching blades) is installed. You can switch from side-discharge to mulching or vice versa by simply moving the lever or pressing the electrical switch.
- The Power Flow Rear Baler can be used with installed MulchControl attachments and blades. Move the mulch deflector using the MulchControl lever or one-touch power switches to the side-discharge position.
Rear Material Collection System (MCS) with 7bu (247 L) is available. Provides an efficient way to harvest cuttings and leaves:
- Fan and power flow funnel are easy to install. The Power Flow fan swings outward for easy cleaning and cleaning.
- The hopper design features a modern design, excellent packing, cleaning, and easy emptying of bags.
The advantage of lawnmowers is its ability to remove snow and perform other garden work with attachments. Lawn tractor owners can add a John Deere snowblower or front blade to speed up snow removal when needed. Weatherproof housing and tire chain accessories provide comfort and performance.
High-quality headlights make working at night more comfortable and safer:
- Two 27W lamps provide excellent illumination for better visibility at night.
- The location of the headlights on the ignition switch makes it easier to operate the lights.
- The headlights are designed to provide optimal illumination when cutting and clearing snow.
Get the most out of your John Deere Lawnmower and learn to cut with the John Deere MowerPlus App. Scan the barcode of your lawnmower for personal information. The app helps you determine the best time to cut, gives professional advice before cutting and offers maintenance reminders and detailed instructions.
|24 HP (17.9 kW)
|Engine Make / Model:
|K72 hydrostatic integrated into the transmission
|Twin Touch ™ pedals
|Type of Steering:
|Type of Lifting System:
|Width of Cut:
|48 or 54 "Accel Deep ™ Deck. 122 and 137 cm
|4 years / 500 hours bumper to bumper
If you need a new lawnmower for all your gardening jobs, the John Deere X584 might be the perfect machine. This mower features four-wheel steering and an Accel Deep ™ deck for a clean cut. It can also be used with a serving cart, making it ideal for moving mulch or potting soil around the garden.
On the right side of this lawnmower are a 12V battery and a key to start the ignition.
It is never recommended to mow with the mower in the basic configuration (without accessories) or work on slopes higher than 13 °. It is not recommended to mow or work on slopes more elevated than 10 ° when using attachments. Refer to the Safety – Slope Work section in the Operator’s Guide for detailed instructions.
The seat of the X584 can be adjusted forwards / backward 18 cm. The adjusting pin/bushing for the cutting height can be used to loosen the screws and adjust the seat.