John Deere Select X300 Series Tractors is the maneuverability master for owners who mow up to 3.5 acres in light to medium landscaped terrain. The X390 is equipped with an iTorque ™ 22 hp system and is optionally equipped with the MulchControl package for more cutting comfort.
- Accel Deep 48 48-inch platform
- Comfortable mowing with optional mulch control kit (single touch version or platform)
- Equipped with the iTorque ™ 22 hp system. (16.4 kW).
- Power steering for automotive style
- Warranty of 4 years / 300 hours from protection to protection
The tractor is equipped with a John Deere iTorque transmission system, a combination of engine performance and a unique hood design for superior braking performance, consistent cooling, and durability.
The 22 hp (16.4 kW) V-twin engine provides enough power and torque to withstand tough mulching, cutting, and bagging conditions.
Main characteristics of the engine:
- 22 horsepower (16.4 kW)
- The large workload of 726 cm.
- Air-cooled V-twin design for a smooth and quiet power supply.
Quality characteristics include:
- Cast iron cylinder liners.
- Main valves
- Pressure lubrication
- Replaceable oil filter.
Two-stage air filters in V-Twin design:
- Excellent performance and achievements
- Easy start
- Smooth operation
A flywheel alternator has enough power to quickly charge the battery and power electrical devices, such as lights or showers:
- 15 amps of power
- Adjusts so the battery is fully charged without risk of overcharging.
The fuel tank has a large capacity of 3.3 US. Gal. (12.5 L) volume
The large fuel tank and convenient fuel gauge minimize refueling stops and the likelihood of fuel leaks:
- The fuel tank has a large 3.3-U.S. Gal. (12.5 L) for longer battery life.
- Height, 3 inches tank hole for easy filling.
- Located on the left-wing
- Helps clean up spills
- The electronic fuel gauge on display allows the operator to monitor the amount of fuel in the tank.
48 inches. Accel Deep Cutting Unit (48a) (122 cm)
48 inches. Accel Deep (122 cm) uses the latest 3-axis motion technology to take productivity to the next level:
- Ten gauges, 0.135 inches. (3.4mm) deep stamped for long life
- Deep and shallow deck to process large volumes of material at higher cutting speeds.
- Offers excellent cut quality and uniform discharge.
- Easy to clean above and below the deck.
- Sturdy four-point clamping system hangs mower from tractor for a smooth, straight cut.
- The large wheels on the mower can be easily adjusted underground to avoid scratches.
- 25 “With ingredients cutting height (6.4 mm), the cutter can be adjusted to the desired cutting height.
- An integrated alignment system ensures a precise fit.
- Compatible with an optional mulch control system.
- Compatible with high-performance Power Flow collection systems.
48 inches. Accel Deep Mowing Deck (122 cm) is a stamped steel deck with a deep flat design that offers superior cut quality, productivity, cleanliness, durability, and versatility. Optimal cutting and spreading performance, even at high cutting speeds:
- 3 cm deep across the entire deck hull for optimal movement, mulching, and bagging.
- Optional accessories for lever or electric compost control provide versatility and superior compost performance.
- Forged steel construction eliminates sharp edges and corners where material can collect, reducing cutting performance.
- Mower deck hangs from the machine for a smooth, straight cut.
- Adjustable cutting wheels are placed directly on the ground to reduce scuffing.
The deep cut deck ensures excellent cut quality. allows space for trimming and hanging material to leave the apron without build-up:
- By reducing the number of furrows, incoming grass can be cut harder, significantly increasing mower performance.
- It helps maintain excellent cut quality at higher cutting speeds.
- The clean flow of material from the exit area prevents incoming cut grass from disturbing the cutting material so that the blades can cut the incoming material.
Even in mulch mode, the smoothness of the cut is improved compared to other designs, as the additional depth provides continuous flow, optimal cut, and also cut distribution.
The 48A lawnmower is designed for maximum versatility and allows you to switch between ejection modes of the mower easily:
- Suppose the optional MulchControl accessory (with special mulching blades) is installed. In that case, it is possible to switch from side-discharge to mulching or vice versa by pressing the lever or the electric switch.
- The Power Flow Excavator can be used with MulchControl attachments and blades, set simply by using the MulchControl lever or one-touch power switch to move the mulch deflector to the side dump position.
Mulch Control Option
The 48A Electric MulchControl Deck Nozzle at the push of a button or lever makes it easy to mulch in many situations. Not only does it work great, but the mower can be easily converted during operation. It is preferable to unload laterally or collect the grass. Advantages of mulching cut grass:
- Beautiful lawn
- Do not throw the mower at the operator, sidewalks, or flower beds.
- Less use of fertilizers
- Eliminates the hassle of throwing tokens
For the MulchControl linkage, the handle on top of the mower deck is used to turn to mulch on or off.
The operator must leave the tractor to enable or disable mulching using the linkage system.
On the One Touch MulchControl accessory, a switch on the tractor cover is used to turn to mulch on or off.
Switching from shredding mode to side-discharge or vice versa takes just a few seconds.
MulchControl is suitable for the following cutting conditions:
- Mulch is commonly used but is discarded if the lawn is too long.
- Side discharge in general, but you want to be able to close the arm to control cuts.
- Always cover the main lawn, but throw the side lawns often.
- The bag is short, but you need to walk further before emptying it.
The operator can control the clippings with MulchControl. The operator can take full advantage of the mulch and quickly switch to side discharge or bagging.
The 48A spindle has strong notches on the shaft to keep the blades in line even after years of intensive use:
- Deck ribs add strength where needed.
- 48A is 23% heavier than the 48-inch Edge ™ Xtra (122 cm) from the platform used on previous machines.
The cutting discs are robust:
- Provides increased strength and durability for more extended trouble-free operation.
- Quickly and easily adjust the wheels to the correct height for the cutting height.
- Low tension belt design reduces the lateral load on lower engine mounts and deck for long life.
The 48A deck has a 5/8 “deck. A 16mm steel shock absorber provides added strength and protection.
Electrostatic and two-stage powder coatings provide additional protection against oxidation.
Hydraulic Steering and Hydraulic Lifting
Power steering is included as standard:
- Provides comfortable control like in a car
- Reduces operator fatigue and increases productivity
- Provides a tight turning radius for easy maneuverability.
- Adjustable tilting steering wheel for operator comfort.
The hydraulic lift control lever is located in the fairing next to the steering wheel for quick, easy, and precise control of the equipment at hand. The floating device, with which the device can follow the contour of the ground, is integrated into the lifting bar.
The flat shape of the lintel is ideal for keeping you and the operator clean:
- There are several points on the deck where materials can be collected and stored.
- The deck is cleaner, which reduces cleaning and maintenance time and labor.
- The deck is self-cleaning for optimum performance without the accumulation of materials affecting air circulation and clips.
- Fewer material deposits need to be cleaned and removed from the bottom cover.
The depth of the Accel Deep Mower Deck minimizes material leakage from the front of the deck:
- Limited amount of material that can be pulled onto the operator and mower deck.
- Even when the material is unloaded from a chute, fewer cuts result in more significant parts that are less likely to hit the operator.
- Mulching prevents the material from being completely drained, and the MulchControl accessory makes mulching a practical solution for most mowing situations.
Cleaning the upper and lower floors is one of the most common maintenance tasks:
- Flat design reduces material build-up and makes material collection easy to remove.
Power Flow 7-BU (247-L) Rear Bagger
An optional material collection system (MCS) is available in the back pocket of 7 bu (247 l). Provides an efficient collection of grass clippings and leaves:
- Power Flow fans and funnels are easy to install. The Power Flow fan can be opened for easy cleaning and cleaning.
The hopper design is characterized by a modern style, excellent packaging performance, cleaning, and easy emptying of bags:
- 7 bushels of capacity (247 liters)
- Secure connection of the Power Flow fan (to be ordered separately)
- Easy to install film (sold separately)
- Air duct
- Convenient closure.
- Full airflow indicator
- Make a Quik-Tatch
- Sealed hopper lid
- Large mesh bags available.
MCS 14 bushels (493 L) and MCS 19 bushels (670 L) and 7 bushels (247 L) are available.
|Engine Power:||22 kW (16.4 kW)|
|Motor Brand / Model:||FS651V|
|Transmission Type:||K58 Hydrostatic integrated into the transmission|
|Transmission Control:||Twin touch ™ pedals|
|Type of Control:||Electric, hydraulic|
|Type of Lifting System:||Hydraulic|
|Cutting width:||Accel deep ™ deck, 122 cm|
|Warranty:||Full US Warranty 4 years / 300 hours*|
Take your garden to the next level. The John Deere X390 collection is the era of one-touch mulch control, three different pot sizes, and accessories for every season to help you get the most from your garden because you don’t just walk on the lawn.
It is recommended never to mow with an angle of inclination more significant than 13 ° with the mower in its basic configuration (without accessories). When using attachments, it is not recommended to mow the lawn or work at an angle higher than 10 °. Refer to “Chapter 10 – Safety – Operating on Slopes” in the Operator’s Manual for detailed instructions.
Yes, you can adjust the cutting height when using the X390 lawnmower. For more information, we recommend that you read the X390 Instruction Manual. Section 30 – Operation – Adjusting the Cutting Height provides instructions on how to adjust the cutting height.
All John Deere equipment must be shipped with two spare keys in the owner’s manual pocket.