The X384 tractor has a 4-wheel steering system for excellent maneuverability and a good finish. This premium riding mower features a quiet iTorque V-twin electrics and an easy-to-use dual-contact hydrostatic transmission.
The X384 has updated easy-to-use, color-coded controls, including automatic cruise control. It comes standard with an advanced instrument cluster display that includes an electronic fuel gauge, service indicator, tachometer with Best Cut target range, and much more.
The X384 is equipped with the new Accel 48-inch depth cutter deck. The underside is made from a single piece of 10-gauge steel specially formed to maximize airflow for optimum cut quality, especially at high speeds. I like it. What makes this mower deck so unique is its nearly 5-inch deep carcass that extends everywhere and its sleek silhouette.
Choose the John Deere X384 All-Wheel Steer to tackle the most robust lawns in residential areas. The X384 shares the same great trick as the other 300 series mowers, adding additional stability over all-wheel drive for better handling and stability. With the best-welded frame, the best load capacity, and a 4-year / 300-hour warranty in this segment, the X384 can handle it.
- The unique 4-wheel steering system for excellent handling
- 48 inches. Accel Deep ™ Mower Deck
- With the optional MulchControl ™ kit (one-touch version or platform version), you can easily stack.
- Powered by 22 HP (16.4 kW) * iTorque ™ power
- Four years / 300 hours warranty on the bumper
48-inch. Accel Deep ™ deck (48A) (122 cm)
48-inch. Accel Deep Deck uses the latest in 3-spindle cutting technology to take productivity to the next level:
- Caliber 10, 0.135 inches. Protective strip (3.4 mm) for long service life
- Deep, flat design for processing large volumes of material at high cutting speeds.
- Provides excellent cut quality and uniform relief.
- Easy to clean above and below deck.
- The robust four-point attachment system hangs the mower from the tractor for an even cut.
- Wide mower wheels can be easily adjusted off the ground to avoid scratches.
- 25 in. The mower can be adjusted to the desired cutting height in 6.4 mm increments.
- The built-in leveling system makes it easy to align the mower correctly.
- Compatible with Power Flow ™ high-performance collection systems.
48-inch. The Accel 122cm (122cm) cutting deck is a low-bed steel construction that delivers excellent cut quality, productivity, cleanliness, durability, and versatility. Optimum cutting and dispersing characteristics are achieved even at higher cutting speeds:
- 83 inches (12.3 cm) throughout the upper housing for optimal cutting, shredding, and bagging
- Forged steel construction eliminates sharp edges and corners where material can build up, reducing cutting performance.
- The cutting deck is suspended from the vehicle for a smooth and even cut.
The flywheel generator provides an enormous capacity to quickly charge the battery and power electrical devices such as flashlights or sprayers:
- Capacity 15 amperes
- Adjustable so that the battery is fully charged without the risk of overcharging.
The engine features a reliable and quiet air-cooled V-twin design.
The tractor is powered by the John Deere iTorque ™ system, which combines engine performance with a unique bonnet design that delivers superior lift capacity, constant cooling and durability.
22 hp V-twin (16.4 kW) provides enough power and torque for tough chopping, cutting and harvesting applications.
- 22 hp (16.4 kW)
- Sizeable working volume of 726 cubic meters.
- Air-cooled V-Twin design for smooth and quiet operation.
Quality characteristics include:
- Cast iron cylinder liners.
- Air valves
- Lubrication under maximum pressure
- Replaceable oil filter.
Two-stage V-type air filter:
- Excellent performance and achievements
- Easy start
- Smooth operation
Integrated Hydrostatic Transmission
The Tuff Torq® hydrostatic transmission contains rotating hydrostatic pump and motor assemblies in the same housing as the differential housing and axles. This design is highly efficient and reduces the number of sealing surfaces to minimize the possibility of leaks.
When combined with footswitches, a hydrostatic transmission works similarly to an automatic transmission in a car, so the term intuitive is often used to describe it:
- The use of the latest generation valves has significantly reduced the noise level.
- Large rotary pump and motor assemblies ensure long life and efficient operation.
The overrunning clutch valve is conveniently located next to the tractor’s rear clutch disc for excellent visibility and ease.
Kanzaki and Tuff Torq are trademarks of the Kanzaki Kokyukoki Manufacturing Company.
All-wheel steering offers significant maneuvering and cutting advantages over tractors with two-wheel steering.
For example, an X384 Select Series ™ tractor fitted with a 48”tractor. Accel Deep ™ 122 cm Mower
- The uncut rim radius has been reduced from 53 cm (21 inches) for the two X380 steering wheels to just 23 cm (9 inches), eliminating or significantly reducing the need for backups when felling trees, bushes, etc.
- Eliminates interference from the wheels of the mower and tractor, since they are located at a distance of several centimeters from the object being processed.
- Outside turning radius is reduced, which shortens turning time and increases cutting performance.
- Also, internal bends can be trimmed.
The frame is made of solidly formed and welded steel, reinforced at critical points for greater strength:
- Frame constructed of 0.105 “12 gauge 2.66 mm thick material for long life.
- The standard front bumper and clutch plate are constructed to the extent of 0.15 “(3.8mm) and complete it.
- The rear linkage can support two 19kg (42lb) Quick-Touch weights.
- The balance rest is integrated into the frame of models with two steered wheels.
- Four-wheel steer models require additional weight support.
Mulch control increases versatility and productivity. The mower furniture equipped with mulch control performs well in mowing and mulching, but can also be quickly converted from side tipping to mulching or vice versa:
- In mulching mode, it controls the spread of cut grass in unwanted places (alley, artificial beds, near buildings, windows, parking lot, etc.).
- Reduces the cleaning time it takes to remove dirt.
- Reduces the number of materials that enter the material collection system. MulchControl grinds about 1/3 of the material even in side-discharge mode thanks to the additional deflectors under the cutting deck and the unique design of mulching blades.
A further benefit of MulchControl’s one-touch electric control is that it can be operated from the tractor seat with a switch on the dashboard to activate an electric drive that moves the deflector to close the area. Discharge from the mower deck.
- Operators can switch between modes without interrupting the mowing process and switch between styles according to circumstances.
- When approaching clean areas such as walkways or flower beds, where pruning is not desirable.
- When the wind can blow the grass, exclude it to the operator.
- For mowing side discharge, only the field of the grass is dirty to mulch.
- With 48A and 54A cutting decks to cut only areas where the grass is too high or thick to mulch.
- On the cutting units of 48A and 54A, the mulch control deflector can be opened or closed with the power flow blower installed. The power flow fan runs without a product when the disorganization is closed.
- On models equipped with a cutting deck 42A, the mulch control deflector must be removed to install the wrapping chute.
Switching from one mode to another takes only a few seconds.
The operator position is designed for operator comfort and ease of use of the controls:
- Large, 14 inches. The 36 cm handlebar is comfortable to use and minimizes steering effort.
- Full-length floor mats provide operator comfort and protect the footrest.
Open back 15 inches. The seat with a high back (38 cm) provides a comfortable and smooth ride and excellent operator support:
- 18 cm seat with 15 positions allows the operator to sit comfortably and easily control.
- The seat can be easily adjusted forwards and backward by the driver sitting in the seat.
- The opening design allows air circulation to keep the operator’s back cool and dry for a more comfortable ride.
- A handle on the top of the seat is conveniently placed for use when the seat is folded back to protect it from the elements.
The seat height of the seat can be adjusted to the weight of the driver without tools:
- The springs are adjustable back and forth in one of three positions.
- No tools required
- Allows precise adjustment of the suspension according to the driver’s weight.
- Rear position for better support for more massive operators
- The tool tray is integrated into the base of the chair.
- Suitable for stored gloves, small tools, etc.
- Provides storage for the Exact adjustable instrument and the height measure for alignment of the bridge.
Cup holder and tool tray on the wing for the comfort of the operator:
- The cup holder is suitable for containers of different sizes.
- The tool tray provides convenient storage.
- Durable ABS plastic cup holder and tool tray.
A removable plug on the operator console provides a convenient location for the optional 12V power outlet and simplifies installation.
- Useful for connecting a charger for mobile phones and other electrical devices.
- It can be used to operate electrical equipment such as a sprayer or spreader.
- 12V connector
The seat can easily be adjusted forwards and backward by the driver sitting on the seat.
- The open back allows air to circulate and keeps the operator’s back cool and dry for a more comfortable ride.
- A handle on the top of the chair is conveniently positioned for tilting the chair to protect it from the elements.
A 12 V quick release in the middle of the vehicle under the tractor’s fuse box is standard to reduce the initial installation time for some accessories that are operated with a 12 V tractor power supply unit:
- The four-pole plug contains the battery, earth, and ignition key terminals and is switched on and off with the ignition switch.
|22 hp (16.4 kW)
|Engine Builder / Model:
|K58 hydrostatically integrated with the transmission
|Twin Touch ™ Pedals
|Manual gearbox, zone, and gearbox
|Lifting System Type:
|Pedal with adjustable spring bracket
|Accel Deep ™ cutting machine floor, 122 cm
|Warranty in the USA:
|4 years / 300 hours
Choose the John Deere X384 all-wheel steering for the most robust lawns. The X384 shares the same superior components as other 300 Series ride-on mowers, with the added stability of all-wheel drive for improved maneuverability and stability. With a sturdy welding frame and the best guarantee of 4 years / 300 hours, the X384 ride-on mower can handle it.
If you have a problem with your X384 lawn mower, we recommend reading section 70 Troubleshooting in the owner’s manual. You have access to many of our online operators.
The X384 is designed for flat surfaces up to 1 hectare. It is never recommended to mow and use the operator on slopes higher than 13 ° with the operator in his basic configuration (excluding accessories). When using attachments, it is never recommended to mow or mow on slopes higher than 10 °. Refer to “Chapter 10 – Safety – Working on Slopes” in the Owner’s Manual for detailed instructions.
The Accel Deep cutting deck is suspended from the machine for a smooth, even cut.