The John Deere E170 is one of the most potent wheeled mowers in the 100 series with a 25 hp V-twin engine. You can tackle any project, and the advanced steering ensures a smooth ride. The cutting deck is deep and has three blades that lift the grass for a quality cut. Easy maintenance thanks to the easy-to-open hood. Combined with the Easy Change ™ 30-second oil change system, keeping your E170 in top shape has never been easier. With John Deere quality and warranty and all-steel construction, the E170 is built to last.
- 25 HP * V-twin engine with longer life
- Deep plate with three blades
- Easy Change ™ system for oil changes in 30 seconds
The 25 hp Ready Start ™ engine (V-Twin Engine) John Deere Choke Free is an exact specification from John Deere. High power and torque for tough chopping, cutting and bagging conditions:
- V-twin design for higher torque, less vibration and better sound quality
- Automatic chokes allow the operator to start the engine without using the throttle unless the air temperature is close to or below freezing.
The Kanzaki® Tuff Torq® hydrostatic transmission offers an infinite speed range and allows for easy direction changes. The adjacent pedals control the speed and direction of travel:
- Accelerator pedal control simplifies operation.
- The operator can change direction without removing the foot from the platform.
- The large pedal area provides superior operator comfort.
Easy Change System for an Oil Change in 30 Seconds
Oil change revolutionized. Once the engine has cooled down, all you need to do is disconnect the old filter. They remove nearly one litre of oil and all impurities from the system, leaving two litres of clean, high-quality oil in the engine. Then turn on the new Easy Change oil filter until it clicks into place. Never change the oil again. With John Deere’s Easy Change ™ 30-Second Oil Change System, you can see how quick and easy it is to change the oil in the E170.
48-inch (121.9 cm) TV, the cutting deck, is a high-quality design with three axes:
- Four cutting wheels are standard for an even cut, even on hilly terrain.
- Flexible discharge chute minimizes property damage and mowing.
- No tools required from compost (with compost cover) to side discharge and rear folding.
- The mulch cover is an optional accessory that can be installed without tools.
- Available with a high-performance chopper blade (GX21786) to improve chopping performance.
- Pouches available to improve packaging performance.
- Capacity is 2.4 US gallons (9.1 L).
- The tank opening is conveniently placed under the seat.
- It is straightforward to fill the tank without spilling.
- The enclosed fuel cap is more convenient.
- A closed tank lid keeps vapours in the tank.
- The tractor is equipped with an engine certified by the California Air Resources Board (CARB) to reduce air pollution.
The controls are easy to see and use. Wide footrests with non-slip, vibration-resistant mats provide operator comfort. The driver’s seat has a 15-inch backrest with lumbar adjustment for exceptional comfort. Covered storage and cup holder are located to the right of the operator.
Cargo Mount ™ System
The Cargo Mount ™ system is a combination of front and rear mounting points that make it easy and convenient to mount your sun visor, rear excavator and other accessories.
Side-by-Side Foot Pedals
The side pedals control the speed and direction of travel. The operator can change direction without lifting his feet off the platform. The hydrostatic transmission offers an infinite variety of speeds and facilitates changes in direction maximum speed 5.5 mph.
48 ” Edge ™ Cutting System
It offers superior performance, reliability and affordability. The rolled outer edge of the deck provides additional strength and protection. Deep Deck Design lifts the grass for a clean, even cut; the smooth underside of the mower prevents grass formation and evenly distributes the clippings. Convenient connection to the drain opening facilitates cleaning.
Instruments and Controls
The outline border has a clean and attractive style. The spring return choke lever is easy to use and makes starting easier. The spring-loaded low force lift arm simplifies installation and adjustment of the cutting height. The parking brake control is conveniently located on the tractor base and is easily accessible. The easily accessible electric PTO handle facilitates attachment of the cutting deck.
|25 HP (18.6 kW)
|Engine Make / Model:
|Hydrostatic, two-wheel drive
|Two pedals, Hydrostatic foot
|Single steering rod and steering rod sector gear
|Type of Lifting System:
|Handle on the attachment bridge
|122 cm Edge ™ Deck
|USA 2 year / 120 hour bumper to bumper
There are no surprises when buying a John Deere. It is because we have nothing to hide. You have only the most comprehensive motorcycle warranty.
Everything about this John Deere E170 lawnmower is easy to use. From adjusting the cutting height to changing the cooling oil, there are convenient systems to make the owner’s job easier.
No, the E170 is not compatible with grounded accessories.
Yes, the E170 ride-on mower is equipped with a wash door which makes it easier to clean the bottom of the cutting deck. A hose connector is also included in the mower deck.
The E170 Lawn Tractor features the Cargo Mount ™ system, a combination of front and rear attachment points that make it convenient and easy to install the sun visor, rear packer and other accessories.
The E170 comes with our 3-in-1 blades which can be used for cutting, mulching and bagging.